If you have a yard, a pole saw without a doubt should be the next thing you must buy. Maintaining a beautiful yard can be the most hectic job to do, especially when you don’t want to break your bank every month to pay professionals. Having a bushy yard that has vines covering your neighbor’s roof can be the worst thing you can do when you have a beautiful home inside. That’s exactly where pole saws make the cut. Pole saws have a specific tendency that makes them the best investment in the long-term for keeping your yard top-notch.
Before we dig deeper, let’s get down to basics.
What is a Pole Saw?
In general, pole saws are portable and convenient versions of your traditional chainsaws. They have a chainsaw attached at the end of a sturdy pole. They are powered by either electricity, gas, batteries or manual work. While this saw isn’t as big as the regular chainsaws – it is powerful enough to allow you prune and tidy up your yard with ease.
Why Exactly Do You Need a Pole Saw?
Keeping all of that aside, why you may need a pole saw when you can use any other tool to mow the mess in your yard? Pole saws possess vital features that won’t just make your work easier, but will help you keep your yard in shape too. They have many benefits over your traditional saws. Here are some of the reasons why a pole saw is worth your investment:
Long and convenient – generally, you may undergo a perilous process of climbing ladders with your hazardous chainsaws in order to get a well-tamed yard. Guess what, not anymore. The pole’s long tendency helps you to effortlessly prune branches while standing on the ground.
Compact and lightweight – carrying having chainsaws on an elevated height can be no further from serious injuries. Pole saw offers lightweight and compact design which make trimming a seamless process.
Fast and portable – they have strong motors and extra sharp blades that cut thick tree branches. Other than that, these machines feature removable pole that retracts to a compact size that enables you to use it like a chainsaw. Yes, that’s right. It provides 2-in-1 solution!
Since you’ve decided to keep reading, we have done all the homework for you. In this article, we have listed and collated the best pole saws for 2020 among thousands of pole saws that you will see in the market.
The 5 Best Pole Saws for 2020
Here is a list of top 5 best pole saws for 2020 that you can find on Amazon:
Sun Joe SWJ806E 8-Inch 8.0 Amp 2-in-1 Convertible Pole Chain Saw
- power_source_type: plug in
Making it no 1 on our list is Sun Joe’s 2-in-1 Convertible Pole Saw for dealing with close-up mowing. Its primary aim is to take the danger and difficulty out of trimming overgrown trees. Its powerful motor and compact size make it easier to tackle hard-to-reach branches in the yard, making it ideal for overhanging limbs and thin logs.
- Electrically powered
- Instantly converts to a handheld chainsaw
- 8-inch chain length
- 6.3 ft – 8.6 ft telescoping pole
- 15 ft of overhead reach
- Can cut up to 7 inches of thick branches
- Can handle the most stubborn tree limbs
- Durable design
- Contains auto-oiler to keep the bar and chain fully lubricated during use
- Carries full two-year of warranty
- Very easy to assemble.
- Can cause serious damage if not used carefully.
- Difficult to maneuver
Happybuy Telescopic Pole Saw
- ♠【Durable Material】- Aluminum alloy telescopic pole, Mn steel saw, lightweight and durable.
- ♠【Telescopic Pole】- Features 7.8m overall length, 1.8-7.2 m (6-24 ft) telescopic range, the telescope pole saw is ideal for trimming and pruning branches and leaves.
- ♠【Sharp Saw】- The precision-ground, sharp teeth feature four cutting angles to ensure fast, clean, smooth cutting. 【Labor-saving】- The foam grip increases friction to improve trimming efficiency, features shock absorption while increasing comfort.
- ♠【Labor-saving】- The foam grip increases friction to improve trimming efficiency, features shock absorption while increasing comfort.
- ♠【Wide Application】- Ideal for pruning, trimming leaves at forestry, lawn, garden and other place that needs to trim the branches and leaves.
Second on our list is this magnificent Happybuy Telescopic Pole Saw. It offers a vast variety of handy features from competitive sharp blades to long pole which makes it easy to access long branches. Something worth considering is that the manufacturers didn’t only focus on its technical features, but the comfort of the users as well.
- Comfortable foam grip
- Can be used for wide range of applications
- Overall length of 7.8 m (25.6 ft)
- Durable material
- Offers good value for money
- It is not robust enough
- Flimsy grip
Greenworks Pole Saw Attachment
- Fits all Green works attachment capable string trimmers
- Wall hanging hook included for convenient storage
- 8" Bar and Chain
- Automatic oiler applies oil to the bar and chain when needed for durability
- Extension Shaft Included. 2 Year
Third on our list is Greenworks Pole Saw Attachment especially designed for String Trimmer. The manufacturer has a reputable image in the industry making this pole saw a trustworthy investment. This versatile tool is designed for your attachment capable string trimmer, providing multiple functions to get the most out of your machine.
- 8-inch bar and chain
- Automatic oiler applies oil to the bar and chain when needed
- Can run for up to 45 minutes
- Comes with 2-year warranty
- Features a wall hanging hook
- Easy to use and handle
- Extended longevity
- Weak battery
- Low operation speed
WORX WG309 8 Amp 2-in-1 Electric Pole Saw & Chainsaw
- Patented auto tension chain system for extended bar & chain life
- Powerful 8 Amp Motor offers a consistent Performance; Oil Tank Capacity 120 milliliter
- Rotatable working handle for sasy pruning; Chain links: 40
- 8 foot extension pole with tool less installation
- Compact and light weight design ; Rated Voltage: 120V to 60Hz; Chain speed:8.5 meter per second
Fourth on our list is another 2-in-1 pole saw. This WORX WG309 Electric Pole Saw & Chainsaw is patented with auto tension chain system for extended bar & chain life, making it the most versatile pole saw on our list.
- Oil tank capacity of 120 mm
- 8 ft extension pole that provides 10 ft of reach
- Tool-less installation
- Weighs about 10 lbs
- Compact and light weight
- Excellent maneuverability
- Powerful motor
- Consistent performance
- Might prove to be hazardous for beginners
- Takes at least 5 seconds to turn off completely
DocaPole 6-24 Foot Pole Pruning Saw
- Ideal high-reach, light-weight pruning saw ONLY for light pruning of branches not more than 3” in diameter – For heavier pruning, see the DocaPole 6-24 Foot Double-Duty GoSaw Kit which features 2X thicker aluminum – Dual-use saw means two great uses in one saw! Use as a pole saw for pruning high or hand-held saw for pruning and grooming low.
- Razor sharp 13-inch bi-directional cut w/3X tooth design. Sturdy, lightweight handle with comfort grip and locking screw to secure the saw onto the pole
- For optimal performance, use with 4/5 (or less) pole sections extended – this will provide about 22 feet of pruning reach when used standing – always extend and use the thicker, lower pole segments first if not using at full extension – overlap pole segments by not fully extending them for increased pole rigidity
- Thumb lever clasps and screws enable clasps to be tightened by screwdriver if required to prevent pole slippage – customize your desired level of thumb lever tension
- TIP: LET THE SAW DO THE WORK – Focus on the up and down cutting motion with the pole to let the saw do the work and minimize pole bend. For a heavier-duty pole, see our DOCAPOLE 6-24 FOOT DOUBLE-DUTY GOSAW KIT
Making it fifth on our list is the Amazon’s best-selling pole saw. DocaPole promises to be the absolute best high-reach dual-use pruning saw on the market today. It also offers two great uses in ONE saw! You can either use it as a pole saw for pruning high branches or hand-held saw for pruning and grooming low.
- High-quality and lightweight aluminum telescoping pole
- Sharp 13-inch bi-directional cut with 3X tooth design
- 6 to 24 feet of extension providing 28 feet of reach
- Used by hand or through the extended pole.
- Can be used with an array of attachments
- Offers good value for money
- Dangerous to use
It is possible to find a suitable pole saw within your budget that also fulfills your requirements and makes the work easier and simpler. Check out the above list and take your pick by keeping in view your budget and needs.