It’s every homeowner’s desire to keep their gardens and backyards neat at all times. There are many tools you can use to ensure everything is in order. These can include lawn mowers, pruning shears, trimmers, and pole saws among others. Cutting trees, pruning shrubs and trimming branches doesn’t have to be difficult and unsafe. If you want to saw up high, but you’re not a big fan of ladders, a pole saw can come in handy. As the name suggests, a pole saw is a smaller, lighter chain saw attached to the end of pole. With a pole saw, you can stay planted firmly on the ground as you reach for the tall branches. Thus, you won’t be in danger of tripping and hurting yourself.
The right pole saw can make tree cutting and trimming a breeze. Electric pole saws are growing to be a favorite among many homeowners. Electric pole saws have an instant start feature that saves you from the need to use gas. Apart from being quiet, they are also eco-friendly. They may be a little less powerful than gas powered pole saws, but they possess just the right amount of power for cutting thin branches and logs in a snap.
With a grab bag of manufacturers in the market making and selling electric pole saws, making a choice can quickly become confusing. It all depends on your preference and nature of work. You should consider even the smallest details as they will go a long way on deciding on the best option. Performance, price, level of an extension pole and the amount of power are some of the main features to be considered.
Best Electric Pole Saws for 2019
We have scrutinized the available tools on the market today to present you the best electric pole saws for 2019.
Sun Joe SWJ800E 8-Inch 6.5 Amp Telescoping Electric Pole Chain Saw
- EXTENDS REACH: Ideal for cutting overhanging limbs and thin logs
- TELESCOPING: Pole extends to 8.7 ft. to provide 15 ft. of overhead reach. No Load Speed (rpm) 6000. Sound Power Level : 108 dB
- POWERFUL: 6.5-amp motor cuts branches up to 7.5-inches thick
- AUTO-LUBRICATION: 8-inch cutting bar and chain with automatic lubrication. Oil tank capacity (fluid ounce): 2.7
- WE’VE GOT YOU COVERED!: Your new pole chainsaw is backed by the Snow Joe + Sun Joe Customer Promise. We will warrant new, powered products for two years from the date of purchase. NO QUESTIONS ASKED. Contact Snow Joe + Sun Joe customer support at 1-866-766-9563 for further assistance.
A blend of affordability, impeccable performance and great features is what you’re settling for with the Sun Joe Telescoping Electric Pole Saw. For a homeowner who wants to retain the neatness of his garden, our best pick is with this electric saw. The saw comes with, and extension saw of 8.7 feet, making it reachable to 15 feet. Its bar and chain stand at 8 inches. This is the first of its amazing features.
Secondly is its mid-range 6.5 Amp motor. Though not aggressive enough, it provides enough power for the work it was designed for; cutting through limbs, logs and thin branches. By thin branches, we mean up to 7 inches thick. Thirdly, maintenance cost is cheap thanks to its automatic lubrication. This also gives it a long life. Starting and using this pole saw is easy. All you need to do is push the start button, and you’re good to go! Unlike gas pole saws, you will not experience smoke and fumes upon starting it. For added security, the saw comes with an in-built power button to prevent you from starting it accidentally. Assembling the tool is easy. Fixing the parts together is also an easy job. Finally, the oil reservoir has a window to allow you to see the oil level. You thus know when it is time to refill it.
Remington RM1025P Ranger Electric Chain Saw
- 2-IN-1 FUNCTIONALITY: Logs on the ground? Simply detach the saw from the pole to convert the unit from a pole saw into a chainsaw No tools required!
- LONG REACH: Designed with a shaft extendable up to 10-feet for high branches With operator height considered, the pole saw can cut limbs 10-feet to 15-feet overhead making those previously hard-to-reach places easy-to-reach
- ELECTRIC POWERED: An 8-amp electric motor instantly starts to drive the chain over the low-kickback 10-inch bar and chain Get to work right away on your lawn care, trimming, yard work, and other projects
- ADJUSTABLE: A telescoping design paired with flip and lock clamps allows the operator to quickly adjust the length of the pole saw so that trimming trees of varying heights isn’t a hassle
- PRUNE IN COMFORT: Chainsaw has non-slip grip to enhance comfort and an Anti-rotation pole for stability during use Maintain optimal comfortability, comfort, and command
Second on our list is the Remington RM1025P Ranger Electric Chain Saw. The saw comes with an eight amp motor and is reachable to 15 feet above the ground. This includes its 10-inch bar and chain. Secondly, security is a top priority with this telescopic design tool. It features a flip and lock clamp to ensure no accidents occur while using it. Also, its handle is non-grip for obvious reasons. The pole saw is comfortable. For easy use, the saw comes with an anti-rotation system. Its maintenance is easy too.
To ensure the right amount of oil is used, the motor comes with a push button oiler and also an easy-squeeze bulb. Its function is more than one; used for both high unreachable branches and those on the surface. To cut logs on the ground, you just detach the saw from the pole and convert it to a chainsaw.
WORX WG309 Electric Pole Saw
- [UP HIGH OR DOWN LOW] It’s really 2-tools-in-1: A pole saw for trimming branches from trees, and a regular chainsaw for projects on the ground
- [POWERFUL MOTOR] At 8 Amps, you’ll get consistent performance and reliability from this streamlined machine
- [AUTO CHAIN LUBRICATION] The automatic oiler will always have the chain operating at peak efficiency, for faster, more controlled cuts
- [COMPACT & LIGHTWEIGHT] At only 10 pounds, this saw is designed to be held up high and to be maneuverable once it gets up there
- [DO IT YOURSELF. DO IT BETTER. DO IT WITH WORX.] WORX tools are engineered with cutting-edge technology, and above modern efficiency standards, so you can build a cost-effective tool collection that’s been designed to last
For a pole saw that easily converts into a chainsaw, the WORX WG309 Electric Pole Saw is the right one for multi-functions. you will be surprised how efficient the saw is in both fields. Once the saw is detached from the pole, on the ground logs can be cut in no time. To further boost its performance, it is fitted with a WG309 in its chain system. Its purpose is to increase the life of the saw by reducing wear and tear on the bar.
For the engine, the saw comes with a powerful 8 amp motor. Its handle is rotatable for easy pruning. Other cool features include the automatic oil pump where its oil level is visible to indicate when it is time to refill it. Its oil pump capacity stands at 120 ml.
Black + Decker PS7525 Ion Electric Pruning Saw
Black + Decker is a company that has been in the game for a long time, with a well-established reputation. So with their product, the PS7525 Ion Electric Pruning Saw, you are assured of quality. The saw comes with a power of 800 W, making it cut through thick limbs like a knife on butter. Its sword is 25 cm in length and operates at a chain rate of 11 m/s.
Another great feature about the Black + Decker PS7525 Ion Electric Pruning Saw is its automatic chain lubrication. This allows for the chain to be lubricated without interfering with work. Time is key and every second counts. Its oil tank also isn’t left behind. With an oil-holding capacity of 60 ml, refilling it doesn’t have to be regular. The pole comes at a mere 3.8 kg and users don’t need to have an in-depth knowledge of the saw to operate using it.
WEN 4021 Electric Pole Saw
- Telescoping pole adjusts anywhere from 6.5 to 9.5 feet for up to 13.5 feet of overhead reach
- 6.5 amp motor rotates the Oregon chain up to 2165 feet per minute
- Weighs in at a mere 8 pounds to limit user fatigue during operation
- Design allows for tool-free chain adjustments and emission-free operation
- Includes an 8-inch Oregon saw chain, scabbard, adjustable center handle, and a shoulder strap
The WEN 4021 Electric Pole Saw comes in a beautiful, bright orange colored chain. What we love most about it is how smooth its operation is. This also eliminates the need to tighten the tension on the chain. Also, the pole saw comes with an automatic oiler system. This is convenient especially for those on the clock, and you don’t need to check whether you need to refill the oil regularly. You should, however, know that the oiler system is purchased independently from the saw.
Its 6.5 amp motor, though not that powerful, provides the needed energy to perform small tasks as what the saw was intended for. Lastly, the saw comes with a safety switch that prevents accidents after completing the job, a common case.
Pole saws are a worthy addition to your gardening inventory. Your safety comes first – read up and ensure you follow the safety tips before, when using and after you’re done using a pole saw. The above-mentioned electric pole saws are available on Amazon.com for purchase and shipping. Grab yours today!