Owning the proper tree care tools helps you in caring for your garden trees. You need to prune or trim your trees now and then to encourage vigorous growth.
If we talk about pruning tools, they are crucial for better tree growth and fruit production. Proper pruning encourages plant health, and it also helps to remove limbs and unnecessary branches. It also helps to enhance natural tree shape, which gives gorgeous appeal to the tree. Tree pruning in the right way and the right time is essential because your negligence can kill a beautiful and healthy tree.
Along with tree pruning, regular tree trimming is also imperative for proper safety. If your tree is diseased or dead, it can be risky. You need an appropriate tool of trimming to take care of your tree. The tree limbs can fall easily because of storms or heavy winds and damage your property or home. Trimming is also necessary for tree health and appearance.
Why Do You Need Tree Care Tools?
You should use some tools for proper tree care, and these tools are significant because they:
- Can save a storm-damaged tree
- Provide clearance
- Help to reduce shade and wind resistance
- Helps in better tree growth and appearance
- Manages fruit production
- Improves tree aesthetics
- Provide better tree structure
Best Tools for Proper Tree Care
Knowing that it’s time to buy some tools for tree care, it leads to a few more questions? Like what kind of tools you need to buy? Where to buy those tools? Etc.
Here is the list of must-have tools for proper tree care. You will learn about the tools you should have for minor touch-up or adequate tree care.
Felco Tree Pruning Shears
- ULTRA DURABLE - The premium pruning clippers are constructed of forged aluminum handles and hardened steel blades. All pruner components can be replaced in this dependable model.
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN - The garden scissors have a revolving handle for extra comfort, and they are suitable for every type of pruning with ergonomically designed cushioned-shock absorber softens the cutting impact. The pruner features a rotating handle for increased comfort.
- PRECISE PRUNING - This bypass pruner offers a large cutting capacity and well-balanced weight for optimal gardening. This high-performance pruner features a wire cutter for small wires and a sap groove to minimize the blade sticking.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE - Hardened steel blade and screw-mounted anvil blade ensure reliably clean, precise cuts. Narrow pointed anvil blade allows easy access to twiggy branches and assures a close cut to the trunk.
- FOR LARGE HAND - The Swiss-made plant cutter is optimal for large-sized hands. The small branch trimmer has an 8.3-inch (210mm) length, 0.98-inch (25mm) cutter diameter, and has a 0.64 lb (290 gram) weight.
The felco tree shears are best for pruning as they are made of aluminum handles and steel blades. This dependent tool will replace all your tree pruner components. Felco pruner has the revolving handle that provides extra comfort to the gardener. These tools are best for every type of tree pruning because of its ergonomic hand fitting design.
Felco pruner has a cushion-shock absorber that softens all the cutting that aids in risk-free pruning without any injury. Its hard steel blade ensures reliable, clean, and accurate cutting. Moreover, its anvil blade provides easy access to the twiggy tree branches to make a close cut to the trunk.
This tree pruner may also help to touch-up the small branches. For live branches, you can try by-pass pruning shears either. It resembles a pair of scissors, and it is suitable for cutting at awkward angles.
Fiskars Power Gear Bypass Lopper
- Sharp, precision-ground blade edge
- Fully hardened blade holds sharp edge longer
- Corrosion resistant, non-stick blade coating reduces friction to make cutting easier
- Durable and lightweight aluminum handles that fit comfortably in your hands
- Bypass blade for clean cuts of green, living growth with cutting capacity: 1-1/2"
You will love this Fiskars Power gear Bypass Lopper from the first time you will use it. Its gear is amazing, and its patent-pending technology multiplies its leverage to offer 3x more power with every cut. It means you can go through thick branches that are hard to cut with the traditional old loppers.
The new Fiskars design includes better and more modified gears. Its innovative cam mechanism is best to optimize the cutting power where the branch is too thick, and you will need it in the middle of the cut. Every cut is a lot easier with this new lopper design.
Moreover, this tool will provide your comfort and control. Its longer handle provides versatile use with the oval shape grips for comfortable use. The soft grip to touchpoints will aid in preventing blisters.
Remington RM1425 Limb and Trim Chainsaw
- HIGH OUTPUT ENGINE WITH 18-INCH BAR & CHAIN: 42cc full crank 2 cycle engine provides greater power and less vibration. Premium 18-Inch bar and low-kickback chain cuts through even the toughest wood quickly and easily.
- LIGHTWEIGHT DURABLE POLY CHASSIS: Easy to Handle, lighter in weight, without sacrificing power. This polymer chassis is engineered for reliable performance and prolonged use, with minimal user fatigue.
- QUICKSTART TECHNOLOGY: Designed for quicker, smoother and easier pull starts allowing you to get to work right away on yard work, lawn care, and other projects.
- ADJUSTABLE AUTO CHAIN OILER with EASY VIEW: Keeps the proper amount of lubricant on the chain to ensure the saw cuts smoothly and safely by having vision of the oil level.
- COMFORTABLE USAGE: 3-point anti-vibration system and an ergonomically-designed handle makes this chainsaw more balanced, maneuverable and comfortable to operate.
Chainsaws are also best as a tree trimming equipment. This tool is best to cut limbs and saplings. This is an electric chainsaw, you just need to plug-in and go, and that’s what you need to start it.
Remington Limb N Trim electric chainsaw provides you with user-friendly features. It has a 14-inch kickback bar and chain that comes with the push-button oiler. Its internal adjustment system is reliable for the chain tensioning for the smoother cut.
Unlike the gas chainsaws, it doesn’t require any gasoline to start. This machine can be your other hand, and it will adapt any job you want to do. The electric motor roars to life whenever you press the trigger. Moreover, this tool has a warranty of 2 years, and you can buy it on amazon.
Electric Wood Chipper
- Ideal for turning branches and twigs into nutrient-rich garden mulch
- Powerful 15 amp motor effectively chips and shreds branches up to 1.5-Inches thick
- Compact design with 6-inch wheels for easy portability
- Safety hopper with locking knob prevents the motor from operating when opened
- ETL approved; Full 2-year warranty
Do your job to reduce, reuse, and recycle with this fantastic electric wood chipper. It generates the speed up to 4300 per min to work out of the brush, branches, and leaves that are crowding your lawn or garden. It will effectively shred and chip the wooden sticks and limbs that are 1.5 inches thick. This is the perfect tool to use around your flower beds or trees.
This tool is best for light-duty jobs, and it will clear your yard waste up to 1/16 of its original size. Along with that, it is quite easy to assemble and maintain. It is ready to go whenever you want to use it. Just plug in the switch and start chipping immediately.
iGarden 3 Piece Lopper, Hedge and Pruner Shear
- 3 Piece Combo Garden Tool Set includes Lopper and Hedge Shear and Soft grip Bypass Pruner.
- This 3 piece set is made with high carbon steel blades and comfort grip rubber handles.
- For smooth, easy cuts on tree branches, comfortable use and lasting value.
- A fully hardened, precision-ground steel blade stays sharp, and a rust-resistant, low-friction coating makes every cut even easier.
This tool is the combination of 3 best pieces of lopper, hedger shear, and by-pass pruner shear for the proper tree. You can buy this 3 in 1 tool for proper tree and shrub care. These tree care tool blades are made of high carbon steel. Its rubber handle determines the comfortable grip over the tools. You can use these tools to cut tree branches, and they provide lasting value if you use them properly. It’s hard, and precision-ground steel blades stay sharp and rust-free. Moreover, its low friction coating makes this tool the best choice for cutting tree branches.
How to Care for Your Tree Care Tools
Having the right tools is only good when you keep them in proper working order. Keeping them clean after every use is important so they last longer. Proper cleaning is also vital because tree diseases can also spread from tree to tree in no time.
Always carry a piece of cloth or a rag with you while taking care of the tree so you can clean/wipe the blades between different uses. Always make sure to wipe the blades with alcohol if you are pruning diseased branches before moving to the next tree. Also, sharpen the blades of your tools every now and then.