If you’re thinking about starting a fruit garden you should invest in some high-quality proper gardening tools. These make all the little tasks you will have to do far easier. We’re not telling you to rush out and buy every tool on the shelf. Instead, you should carefully select every piece of equipment for the specific jobs you will need to carry out.
Best Tools to Start a Fruit Garden
Here’s a list of some essentials that you will need just to get you started:
- Works very well for deep bulb planting & breaking up stubborn clods
- No fear of bending or breaking due to high quality Stainless Steel design
- Stainless Steel. Made in the USA.
A high-quality garden trowel is effectively a hand shovel that’s capable of completing many different tasks. You cab shovel dirt, transfer seedlings from a tray to the soil and eliminate weeds. If you’re going to start a food garden you need a hand trowel you can trust. The most effective trowel on the market right now is the Wilcox All Pro 202S Trowel, 14, a high-quality stainless steel trowel.
Shovel or Spade
- Serrated shovel designed for reducing stress on your hands and wrist
- Digging shovel with V-shaped cutting tip to easily rip roots and dirt
- Garden digging shovel with durable powder-coated carbon steel tip
- Sturdy tip suitable for any garden task- not meant for prying
- Lifetime manufacturer (continental US only)
If you intend to take a new fruit garden there’s no way you can achieve this level of encountering roots. This is why we recommend that you buy The Roots Slater; they probably won’t even notice any but the most stubborn ones. This ingenious shovel serves many purposes and also eliminates the need to purchase other tools such as saws and ply bars. it works perfectly fine as a standard shovel but it can also happen to replace your nursery Spade think of it as a hybrid between a shovel and a hatchet. Purchasing the Radius Garden 22011 Root Slayer Shovel is not something you are going to regret.
- POWER THROUGH 1" diameter thick branches with a quick chop and without struggle. This bypass lopper is designed for making fast and precise cuts that will preserve the health of your plants. PRUNING MADE EASY!
- COMFORT GRIP. The rubberized grips on handles provide comfort and good grip. This smaller 20” model will allow you the work close to the body and efficiently navigate around tough limbs. The ergonomic 15" handles offer optimal grip to ease the cutting of any branch. Overall, this is a lightweight, medium-sized and balanced tool which is easy to carry, even for elderly gardener. This lopper will soon become YOUR BEST FRIEND IN THE GARDEN!
- SHARP AND STURDY BLADE. The fully hardened carbon steel blades will stay sharp, even after some heavy use! Low-friction coated gliding blade can be re-sharpen which will prolong item's life.
- EASY STORAGE: The lopper features a smart uncomplicated storage option - simply fit the holes in the blades together and hang it on a peg or hook. You can also hang the lopper up side using the hole in the handles.
- ORDER WITH CONFIDENCE. We at TABOR TOOLS stand behind our products. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for support, questions about our products or spare parts you might need.
You should never tackle any gardening job without a well-designed set of shears. This handy tool from Tabor tools enables you to tackle both light and medium-duty cutting tasks without having to expend a lot of energy. These really are designed for homeowners, DIY enthusiasts and gardeners to comfortably use.
Tabor tools have been manufacturing high-quality garden equipment for decades. They have brought all their expertise in gardening tools to use to play on this set of shears. It’s designed to be both functional and comfortable. The GL18A from TABOR TOOLS will be a very handy tool for anyone creating their first fruit garden.
- Puncture resistant padded palm and reinforced fingertips
- Elbow-length gauntlet cuff protects forearms
- Knuckle guard gives added protection from thorns
- Form fitting spandex back for comfort and flexibility
- Whimsical printed floral fingertips for added grip
You should never consider tackling any gardening task without a serious set of gardening gloves. These puncture-resistant gloves from Bella offer reinforced fingertips, as well as leather padded palms, providing both amateur and professional gardeners comfort, strength and durability when tackling any task. You could purchase these gloves in a standard length or anelbow-length gauntlet designed to protect your forearms from scratches and cuts; They also feature knuckle guards that offer you additional protection from thorny plants. Get the Magid Glove from Bella to keep your hands safe while digging your fruit garden.
- Holds 2 gallons = 256 oz.
- Two handle design accommodates multiple hand positions for better maneuverability and water control
- Removable sprinkle nozzle for a fast pour
- Very sturdy and available in multiple color choices
- 100% UV stabilized polypropylene plastic ensures long lasting color and withstands extreme weather conditions + BPA free
The user-friendly watering can from Bloem Is designed for all your easy and precise watering needs. A user-friendly tapered handle is ideal for tending to your fruit garden. Designed to hold extra water capacity and with a wider mouth to allow it to be swiftly refilled. They also added a second handle to allow the full canister to be easily carried. The nozzle cap is specifically designed to be easily removed by simply twisting it. The canister has an extra thick wall that will stand the test of time. The Classic JQ watering canister from Bloem is ideal for starting your fruit garden.
- DESIGNED TO MAKE YOUR LIFE EASIER: The newest design expandable water hose pipe never tangles, twists or kinks. Only 1.8 lbs, after getting your work done, just simply rewind it into a basket or hose hanger. Lightweight, collapsible, easy storage makes your life easier.
- A RETRACTABLE HOSE SUITABLE FOR MULTIPLE PURPOSES: Expanding quickly, while a brass valve at the end allows better control of the flow of water, flexible length and proper water flow to support multiple purposes, such as gardening, watering, car/boat washing, pet bathing or pool cleaning, returns to original length in seconds when the water is out, an amazing hose you will never regret buying.
- PREMIUM QUALITY MAKES USEFUL LIFE MUCH LONGER: Triple layer latex inner wrapped by newest and strongest interwoven elasticated fabric, with 3/4" USA standard solid brass fittings, our hoses are endurance tested to 1800-2000 uses while the typical hose is only 200-250 uses under the water pressure of 145 PSI/10 Bar. No more bursts, cracks, leaks or corrosion, it’s time to say goodbye to your old style leaking hose!
- BONUS FREE SPRAY NOZZLE: TheFitLife new spray nozzle, providing 8 patterns support to fulfill your different watering purposes, ease of use and more durable than the typical fragile nozzle, completely free bonus!
- GET YOUR EXPANDABLE HOSE NOW: Available in 25 feet, 50 feet, 75 feet, 100 feet and they are connectable for getting a longer size, like 125 feet, 150 feet or 200 feet. You’ll feel 100% satisfaction from the moment you received our expandable garden hose and we are quite sure that you will be super-impressed with the durability, protability, versatility and high quality of it.
As your fruit gardening begins to mature, it’s going to need regular watering. This expandable water hose is designed to never get the kinked, twisted or tangled Weighing only 1.8 pounds. It’s perfect for getting any job done. Once you have finished this hose can either be easily hung up or stored away. It’s suitable for many different purposes, such as washing your windows or car and it can be quickly expanded whenever needed. Fitted with a durable brass valve at the end that allows you to properly control the flow of water, this tool is suitable for many different purposes including pet bathing, watering, washing your car, just to name a few. Adding the TheFitLife Flexible and Expandable Garden Hose to your collection of gardening tools is not something you will regret.
- Extended REACH hand tools are designed for working in raised -bed gardens, small gardens and tight access locations
- ComfortGEL grips deliver comfort to gardeners who seek an easier, more therapeutic gardening experience
- Optimal 36-in length for long reach and balance - ideal for gardeners who find many long handle tools to hard to manage
- Tines cultivate soil during planting process
- 7 tine sides to transport, break-up and level soil
This exceptional rake from Corona is designed to meet all your gardening needs, from small gardens to raised bed gardens, and can even be used in areas that are more difficult to access. It comes with a comfort gel grip allowing you to work with it for hours without feeling any discomfort. it has been deliberately designed to be shorter, while still offering both balance and reach. Making it accessible for anyone you might find working with longer handled tools too difficult. The Corona GT 3234 Reach 7-Tine Extended Rake is definitely the rake you need.
- Your purchase includes One Gorilla Cart GOR6PS Dump Cart
- Cart dimensions: 44” L x 25.7” W x 26.2” H | Bed – 40” L x 25.6” W | Weight: 54 lbs. | Max Load rating – 1,200 lbs. | Cu. FT Capacity – 6 | Pneumatic tires – 13” | Handle – 32” L
- Patented quick-release dump feature makes unloading quick and easy
- New frame design reduces assembly time while offering improved maneuverability and ground clearance
- Padded 2-in-1 heavy-duty handle can be pulled by hand or towed, making it easy to pull up to 1200-pounds
It would be impossible to do your first fruit garden if we had a reliable wheelbarrow. This is a more expensive investment, but this is not the time to cut corners. Wheelbarrows are extremely useful tools to have around the house. Purchasing a good one. It’s not something you’ll ever regret. This particular heavy duty garden dump cart from gorilla carts features an innovative design that many painted interesting parts. Such as a quick-release dumping system so the cart can be easily unloaded and loaded. It also has an exceptionally well-balanced design making it very simple to use when compared to a standard wheelbarrow. It’s also very easy to assemble and will remain both reliable and maneuverable for years. It also offers extensive ground clearance, and its four wheels let the cart turn in the tightest corners. The Gorilla Carts GOR6PS Heavy-Duty Poly Yard Dump Cart is the perfect tool to round out your fruit garden tool collection.
We hope that you will find this list useful, we have carefully chosen these tools to tackle the specific tasks you will encounter when building a fruit garden. But we also took into account that the more expensive items like a wheelbarrow might constitute an expensive investment for some people. We deliberately chose one that will be capable of completing tasks around the house for years to come.