If you are anything like me, your garden is your most frequent encounter with nature. Gardening is one of the most popular hobbies practiced in the United States for obvious reasons. It is super enjoyable and can be practiced by anyone. Whether you’re rich or poor, young or old, male or female, you aren’t restricted from enjoying it. It doesn’t matter whether you have a large piece of land or not, a beautiful garden is a place that you can enjoy with your friends and spend a quiet time with family.
In order to have the most enjoyable moments in your garden, just like any other job, you have to equip yourself with the right tools in your shed or garage. And by the right tools, we mean tools that will provide the best of services and last you a long gardening life. Gardening tools include trowels, rakes, pruners, shears, hoes, folks, cultivators, wheelbarrows, spades, pole saws, and shovels. They will help you with planting, trimming, cutting and digging. With the best gardening tools, the risk of losing your garden plants to the use of wrong tools decreases significantly, while your chances of having a better harvest, increase.
Must Have Gardening Tools for 2019
It may be difficult to decide where to begin when building a library of garden tools. To get you started, we present to you must have gardening tools for 2019.
Best Pruner: Felco F-2 Classic Manual Hand Pruner
- Anvil blade with a sap groove
- A hardened bolt and nut to assure exact adjustment of both the cutting and anvil blades
- Rubber cushion and shock absorber
- Ideal pruner for light applications and easily adjustable
- Features strong blades with a wire cutting notch
One plant that you’ll find in almost all gardens are roses. They are undeniably beautiful with lovely scents. But their upkeep requires a lot; a lot of water, sunshine and fertilizers. They can outgrow themselves and require pruning regularly. Consider the Felco F-2 Classic Manual Hand Pruner for a perfectly done job. Loyal customers have vowed not to look for another brand when it comes to taming small bushes.
What you’re settling for this beauty is a highly effective and comfortable tool. Its blades are made of steel and aluminum handles with adjustable alignment. The handles are also equipped with rubber for shock absorbing properties. To prevent the pruner from sticking when cutting branches with sap, this tool comes with a sap groove. Those with small hands or joint problems will appreciate its rotating and ergonomic handles. To prove its quality, the Felco F-2 Classic Manual Hand Pruner is backed by a lifetime warranty.
Best Trowel: Wilcox Stainless Steel Garden Trowel
- Works very well for deep bulb planting & breaking up stubborn clods
- No fear of bending or breaking due to high quality Stainless Steel design
- Stainless Steel. Made in the USA.
Even after continued use, your Wilcox Stainless Steel Garden Trowel will still look as when you first bought it. Its durability can best be described as nearly indestructible. This has been a praise factor by most customers who used it and made it qualify for our list for the must-have gardening tools for 2019. Its largest model measures 14 inches with other small ones being 12, 10 and 9 inches. The largest model is highly versatile and can be used for more delicate tasks. All models come with a lifetime warranty.
The long life of the Wilcox Stainless Steel Garden Trowel is attributed to its single steel construction. The steel leaves no room for rusting. On top of being highly durable, this trowel is also effective. It can be used to perform the function of a soil knife while still retaining its digging function. Lastly, its handle is easy to use and comfortable too.
Best Garden Knife: Nisaku NJP650 Hori Hori Digging and Weeding Knife
- Our most popular knife; The NJP650 is the standard for Hori-Hori knives worldwide and is rated #1 in many gardening publications!
- Features: Concave blade for digging, beveled sharp edge for slicing, serrated opposite edge for cutting. Inch markers engraved on the blade ensure you can plant at precisely the correct depth, measure rope and more.
- multi-use: used by gardeners and outdoors-men and women worldwide, and is perfect for tasks such as weeding, transferring bulbs, digging the perfect hole, and cutting branches. These knives aren’t only for gardeners! It is also a great knife for hunting, camping, metal detecting, Prospecting for gold and more.
- QUALITY: made with the finest Japanese Stainless Steel, The blade is rust and scratch resistant, washers easily and stays razor sharp.
- Durability: Constructed with a full-width mid-tang allows the use of thicker steel without making the knife too heavy. This ensures your Hori is extremely durable, bend resistant, and has a lot of levering power.
With so many garden knives in the market, you will want to go for the Japanese Hori Hori Digging Knife. Coming from a trusted brand, its use will definitely not be a disappointment. It will meet every of your expectations. Its versatility and durability are climaxes of attraction. It’s able to withstand the harshest of conditions and work relatively well. The cost of this is that it comes at a slightly expensive price than its competitors. If you’re looking for the best, we’re sure you wouldn’t mind digging a little deeper in order to enjoy its services. The design of this knife is slightly concave to allow it to divide flowers, transfer small plants and uproot well-dug weeds. You could also carry it to your hunting and fishing expeditions. Other of its cool features include a sturdy wooden handle and a vinyl plastic sheath.
Best Shovel: Bully Tools 82515 14- Gauge Round Point Shovel
- 100% Made in the USA
- Commercial grade
- Limited lifetime warranty
- True 14 gauge steel blade
- Welded I-Beam Construction prevents bending along ferrule
The next garden tool on our list is a garden shovel. For a durable, versatile, highly effective and up-to-any-challenge shovel, the Bully Tools 82515 14- Gauge Round Point Shovel will offer perfect services. What we loved most about it is that it is designed for heavy duties such as moving boulders and also digging very deep trenches. Its strength and durability are mostly attributed to its I-Beam construction. You are able to exert huge amounts of pressure on it without the worry that it’ll break. This is unlike most new shovels in the market that have customers complain everywhere about their bad quality. The shovel measures 59 inches long and comes with a fiberglass handle that is 48.5 inches in length.
Best Spade: Fiskars 46- Inch Steel D- Handle Square Garden Spade
- Ideal for edging, cutting a trench, slicing through thick turf or digging
- Extra-large D-handle design offers secure two-handed control when digging, even while wearing gloves
- Welded 14-gauge hardened steel blade and 18-gauge steel shaft provide durability that far outlasts wood-handled tools and won’t flex like fiberglass
- Sharpened blade makes it easy to penetrate tough soil or break up hardened dirt clods
- Lifetime warranty
What a good spade bring to the table, according to experts, is the ability to slice through roots without any constraints. Spades make better tools for this than shovels since they come with flat, straight and sharpened blades. Using this description, the one that best fits in is the Fiskars 46-Inch Steel D- Handle Square Garden Spade. Its blade is made of 14 gauge steel. All features have very important functions that they stand for. Its teardrop-shaped steel shaft enables it to withstand harsh conditions and stand up to any challenge. It is coated with powder to prevent rusting. The large handle and teardrop shape of the shaft make the tool easy and comfortable to grip and handle. One thing that we should warn you, though, is that its handle can get loose. This is because it is fitted by just one screw.
So there you have it. Our list has tried to capture different and important tools in the garden. They are amongst the best the market has to offer you. Whenever you go to the garden we’re sure you must use one of these. All products in this list are available on Amazon.com for purchase and shipping. Purchase your best product and let us know what you think about their performance. Good luck with your garden!